Avro RJ100 VP-LWW (msn E3274) of BVI Airways was ferried from Fort Lauderdale to Summerside on 26 August. She had been stored at Fort Lauderdale since 7 June, following the end of its contract with Haiti’s Sunrise Airways. She joins the airline’s other RJ100, VP-LOS (msn E3282), who had been undergoing maintenance by Tronosjet. The airline was planning to begin services from Tortola to the USA, but announced in July that a shortage of cash had forced it to lay off its flight crew.
Recent news items on BVI Airways:
- Neptune acquires Avro RJ100 (2018-02-21)
- BVI government calls BVI Airways in breach of contract (2017-12-15)
- Out of cash, BVI Airways lays off flight crew (2017-07-19)
- BVI Airways denies date for service start (2017-07-05)
- BVI Airways ends flying for Sunrise Airways (2017-06-08)