One day after Brussels Airlines operated its last Avro RJ100 commercial services, the airline said goodbye to the type with a party for staff and their families in BRU’s hangar 41. The airline’s last Avro RJ100, OO-DWD (msn E3324), flew three sightseeing flights (SN1181, 1185, and 1187) for families and guests, with each flight piloted by a retiring captain. At the conclusion of the last flight, OO-DWD was towed into the hangar, and the airline’s staff covered her with affectionate goodbye messages.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Brussels Airlines (2019-12-10)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)
- Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 fleet down to a single aircraft (2017-09-30)