Philippine airline Royal Air Charter Service has acquired former Swiss Avro RJ100 HB-IYZ (msn E3338) as RP-C8960. HB-IYZ had operated Swiss’ last RJ100 service on 14 August. After maintenance at Prestwick, she had returned to Zürich. She departed Zürich on 29 September for Cranfield. Then, on 3 October, she headed east, with stops in Varna, Baku, Tashkent, Delhi, and Chiang Rai, finally arriving in Puerto Princesa, on the island of Palawan, on 5 October. She is still painted in basic Swiss colors, but with no logo or titles.
Recent news items on Royal Air Charter Service:
- Royal Air starts new route to Cebu (2018-06-21)
- Royal Air Avro RJ100 inaugurates new Lal-lo airport (2018-03-25)
- Royal Air Charter Service begins commercial operations (2018-02-16)
- Royal Air Charter Services prepares for service start (2018-02-02)
- Second Avro RJ100 prepared for Royal Air (2017-12-31)