Kyrgyz airline Tez Jet has acquired one of the Avro RJ85s that Greek airline Ellinair recently withdrew from use. SX-EMS (msn E2296) operated her last service for Ellinair on 24 September. Now registered EX-27003, she departed Thessaloniki for the Kyrgyz Republic on 30 September, routing via Aktau, Kazakhstan. Tez Jet already operates BAe 146-200 EX-27002 (msn E2172); it is not known whether EX-27003 will complement or replace her. Parent company Avia Traffic Company also has another BAe 146, series 200 EX-27007 (msn E2180), but she is believed to be stored at Bishkek. Ellinair’s second RJ85, SX-EMI (msn E2305), is also for sale.
Update 11 October: Tez Jet has also acquired Ellinair’s second RJ85, SX-EMI (msn E2305). After first receiving maintenance at Sofia, she was delivered to Tez Jet as EX-27005 on 10 October.
Recent news items on Tez Jet:
- Tez Jet Avro RJ85s for sale (2018-12-01)
- SkyJet acquires former Tez Jet BAe 146-200 (2018-04-25)
- Tez Jet Avro RJ85 returns to service (2018-04-20)
- Tez Jet Avro RJ85 suffers uncontained engine failure (2018-03-02)
- Tez Jet puts Avro RJ85s into service (2017-11-08)
Recent news items on Ellinair: