Berlin-based Zeitfracht Group acquired Köln-based BAe 146 operator WDL Aviation on 25 October. WDL currently operates two BAe 146-200s and one -300. They are currently operated on behalf of Air France, but that contract is about to end. Zeitfracht also recently acquired the Leisure Cargo subsidiary of bankrupt Air Berlin. Zeitfracht CEO Wolfram Simon said that the acquisitions will enable it to establish a European Express network for light packages.
Recent news items on WDL Aviation:
- WDL ends flying for Air France (2017-10-31)
- Executive Jet Support acquires former Starbow BAe 146 for parts (2017-06-08)
- WDL operates BAe 146 for Brussels Airlines (2016-07-02)
- WDL BAe 146 damaged in hard landing at London City (2015-08-31)
- WDL BAe 146-100 broken up (2014-04-05)