Berlin-based Zeitfracht Group acquired Köln-based BAe 146 operator WDL Aviation on 25 October. WDL currently operates two BAe 146-200s and one -300. They are currently operated on behalf of Air France, but that contract is about to end. Zeitfracht also recently acquired the Leisure Cargo subsidiary of bankrupt Air Berlin. Zeitfracht CEO Wolfram Simon said that the acquisitions will enable it to establish a European Express network for light packages.
Recent news items on WDL Aviation:
- WDL BAe 146s fly for EasyJet (2018-01-11)
- WDL BAe 146s once again flying in France (2017-12-07)
- WDL ends flying for Air France (2017-10-31)
- Executive Jet Support acquires former Starbow BAe 146 for parts (2017-06-08)
- WDL operates BAe 146 for Brussels Airlines (2016-07-02)