Ghanaian Avro RJ operator Starbow Airlines suspended operations on 26 November following an accident to its newly-delivered ATR72-500. The ATR72 had been taking off from Accra on 25 November when it veered off the runway, apparently due to strong winds and heavy rain, and was damaged when it hit a perimeter fence. The passengers and crew were evacuated safely, although one passenger was reported to have received minor injuries. The accident left Starbow with a single aircraft, Avro RJ100 9G-SBE (msn E3332). The airline did not say how long it expected the suspension of operations to last.
Recent news items on Starbow Airlines:
- Starbow Airlines shuts down (2018-01-06)
- Starbow Avro RJ100 flown to Malta (2017-12-02)
- Executive Jet Support acquires former Starbow BAe 146 for parts (2017-06-08)
- Avro RJ100 delivered to Starbow (2016-09-18)
- Avro RJ100 being prepared for Starbow (2016-09-09)