Kyrgyz airline Tez Jet has put its two newly-acquired Avro RJ85s into service, replacing its single BAe 146-200. Tez Jet had been operating BAe 146-200 EX-27002 (msn E2172), acquired from parent Avia Traffic Company, since 2013. The airline bought the two RJ85s from Greek airline Ellinair at the end of the summer. EX-27003 (msn E2296, ex SX-EMS) was the first to arrive, being delivered on September 30. After first receiving maintenance at Sofia, SX-EMI (msn E2305) followed as EX-27005 on 10 October. Both RJ85s entered service in late October or early November. EX-27003 appears to have been the first to enter service, being noted at Jalal-Abad on 29 October. She still wears basic Ellinair color, with Tez Jet titles on the forward fuselage and on the outer engine pods, and with the stripes on the tail overlain with a Kyrgyz motif. EX-27002’s final flight for Tez Jet appears to have been TEZ117/118, from Bishkek to Osh and back, on 2 November. She is thought to be parked at Bishkek, along with ATC’s EX-27007 (msn E2180).
Recent news items on Tez Jet:
- Tez Jet Avro RJ85s for sale (2018-12-01)
- SkyJet acquires former Tez Jet BAe 146-200 (2018-04-25)
- Tez Jet Avro RJ85 returns to service (2018-04-20)
- Tez Jet Avro RJ85 suffers uncontained engine failure (2018-03-02)
- Tez Jet acquires Avro RJ85 from Ellinair (2017-10-04)