Several Miss Universe candidates were on hand on 8 December to help BAe 146-100 RP-C5255 (msn E1104) inaugurate SkyJet‘s new route from Manila to Camiguin, a small island just to the north of Mindanao. In addition to authorities from the Philippine Department of Tourism (DOT) and the island, the passengers on the inaugural flight included Miss Universe candidates from China, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Italy, and the Philippines. The new route continues SkyJet’s practice of providing direct service to niche tourism destinations. Reaching Camiguin has hitherto required a connection. Its runway is less than 4000 ft long. SkyJet will serve the island non-stop from Manila beginning in February.
Recent news items on SkyJet:
- Bureau of Customs orders forfeiture of impounded SkyJet BAe 146 (2018-07-18)
- SkyJet BAe 146 over-runs runway at Busuanga (2018-06-08)
- SkyJet acquires former Tez Jet BAe 146-200 (2018-04-25)
- SkyJet adds second former StarPerú BAe 146-200 (2018-03-10)
- SkyJet BAe 146 over-runs runway at Siargao (2018-02-27)