A second Avro RJ100 is being prepared for Philippine airline Royal Air Charter Service. RJ100 RP-C8962 (msn E3259) was noted at Indopeltia’s facility at Pondok Cabe on 27 December with Royal Air titles in red on the forward fuselage and the airline’s logo on the tail. A former Swiss example, she has been acquired from TronosJet. As T7-IXT, she was ferried to Asia in early November, departing from Summerside on 5 November and routing via Keflavik, Birmingham, Budapest, Baku, Amritsar, Kolkata, and Jakarta Halim, and finally arriving in Pondok Cabe on 9 November. She has undergone a C check, and then been repainted. She is due to be ferried to the Philippines shortly, joining the airline’s first RJ100, RP-C8960 (msn E3338), which is being used for crew training. The airline also recently received a third former Swiss RJ100, T7-IXO (msn E3284), also procured from TronosJet. She is due to become RP-C8961. No date has been announced for service start.
Recent news items on Royal Air Charter Service:
- Royal Air starts new route to Cebu (2018-06-21)
- Royal Air Avro RJ100 inaugurates new Lal-lo airport (2018-03-25)
- Royal Air Charter Service begins commercial operations (2018-02-16)
- Royal Air Charter Services prepares for service start (2018-02-02)
- New Avro RJ100 operator in the Philippines (2017-10-07)