Australia’s Cobham Aviation Services has taken delivery of former Swiss Avro RJ100 G-CFAH (msn E3384 ex HB-IYQ) on lease from Falko. She had been stored at Cranfield since being returned off-lease in May 2017. She was registered to National Jet Express on 22 December. Still wearing basic Swiss colors, she departed Cranfield on 14 January, routing first via her old hunting grounds in Zürich and then via Heraklion, Al Bateen (Abu Dhabi), Chennai, Kualanamu, Denpasar, and Darwin before finally reaching Adelaide on 18 January. She is due to become VH-NJE, a registration that had previously been used by BAe 146-100 from 1996 to 2009, and by a Boeing 737-300 before that.
Recent news items on Cobham Aviation Services:
- BAe 146 nose donated to South Australian Aviation Museum (2018-06-18)
- Newest Cobham Avro RJ100 enters service (2018-03-30)
- Cobham acquires former ASL BAe 146QT (2018-03-20)
- Cobham contract for Barrow Island flights renewed (2017-09-08)
- Cobham wins new FIFO contract (2017-04-21)