WDL Aviation began operating two of its BAe 146s on behalf of EasyJet, helping to cover routes left vacant by the collapse of Air Berlin and its subsidiaries. In preparation, Series 200 D-AMGL (msn E2055) was ferried from WDL’s base at Köln to Wien as U2 9001 on 10 January, and series 300 D-AWBA (msn E3134) was ferried to Zürich as US 9002. On the following day, both operated three roundtrips to Berlin Tegel. Both 146s wear WDL’s new logo, adopted after its acquisition by Berlin-based Zeitfracht Group late last year, as well as EasyJet titles on the lower rear fuselage and near the entrance doors.
Recent news items on WDL Aviation:
- WDL to replace BAe 146s with Embraer 190s in 2019 (2018-12-01)
- WDL begins cargo operations (2018-11-24)
- WDL’s EasyJet and Hop! contracts come to an end (2018-11-05)
- Hop! plans to reduces ACMI leases (2018-10-06)
- WDL ends flying for SAS (2018-09-30)
Recent news items on EasyJet: