Another BAe 146 has been delivered to Australia. Avro RJ100 G-CFAH (msn E3384) was delivered to Cobham in January, becoming VH-NJE on 24 January. Now BAe 146-200QT freighter G-OTIF (msn E2056) has been ferried to Sydney for operation by Pionair. She had been on lease to BAE Systems Corporate Air Travel until 22 January, operating from Warton in support of Eurofighter Typhoon export deliveries. With deliveries of the last of 72 Typhoons to Saudi Arabia completed in mid 2017, the need for a dedicated support aircraft declined. She left Warton for Australia on 24 January, still wearing basic TNT colors. After stops in Genève, Heraklion, and Taif, she arrived in Dubai on 25 January. Technical problems kept her at Dubai until 31 January, but she finally departed on 31 January, reaching Sydney on 3 February. She is due to become VH-SOF in Pionair service.
Recent news items on Cobham:
- Cobham Avro RJ85 hits light pole at Perth (2019-07-30)
- Cobham Aviation Services to be sold? (2019-07-27)
- Sole BAe 146-100QT broken up (2019-05-20)
- Pionair BAe 146 ends Cobham lease (2019-02-10)
- Neptune installs ADS-B Out on its BAe 146s (2019-01-25)