Neptune Aviation has acquired Avro RJ100 VP-LOS (msn E3282) as N479NA. VP-LOS had been intended to operate for BVI Airways, but never did so, as the airline ran out of cash and shut down prior to beginning its planned services from Tortola to the USA (sistership VP-LWW did operate a charter and some flights on behalf of Haiti’s Sunrise Airways). VP-LOS, who had been at Summerside for maintenance, remained stored there. She was eventually sold back to TronosJet, who sold her to Neptune Aviation. She was registered to Neptune on 7 February, and departed Summerside on 20 February, flying first to Toronto Pearson and then continuing to Green Bay and on to Neptune’s base at Missoula the following day. Neptune apparently intends to use her as a support aircraft for its fleet of 146 air tankers.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tanker makes first drop of 2019 fire season (2019-03-09)
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)