New Philippines Avro RJ operator Royal Air Charter Service is preparing for service start. On 13 January, the airline brought in a priest to bless Avro RJ100 RP-C8960 (msn E3338). RP-C8960 then flew several training flights, before embarking on a series of demonstration flights that brought her from her base at Clark International Airport to tourist destinations throughout the country, including Caticlan, Puerto Princesa, and Davao City, and as far afield as Macau. The airline’s second RJ100, RP-C8961 (msn E3284) is also at Clark being prepared for service start. On 30 January, they were joined by RP-C8962 (msn E3259), who had been receiving some attention at Pondok Cabe. RP-C8962 is the first of the airline’s RJ100s to be fully painted, while her fleetmates are still wearing basic Swiss colors.
Recent news items on Royal Air Charter Service:
- Royal Air starts new route to Cebu (2018-06-21)
- Royal Air Avro RJ100 inaugurates new Lal-lo airport (2018-03-25)
- Royal Air Charter Service begins commercial operations (2018-02-16)
- Second Avro RJ100 prepared for Royal Air (2017-12-31)
- New Avro RJ100 operator in the Philippines (2017-10-07)