Canada’s Summit Air has added a second Avro RJ100 to its fleet. C-GZRJ (msn E3359) is the former Swiss HB-IYW, acquired from TronosJet. Tronos had taken delivery of HB-IYW in mid-June 2017. Following her arrival in Canada, she was registered as C-FXQJ, and then G-CKRG. She did not end up going to the UK, however. She was delivered to Summit’s base at Edmonton on 18 January, and entered service on 23 February, on a roundtrip from Edmonton to Yellowknife. She brings Summit’s Avro RJ fleet to four, including two RJ100s and two RJ85s (one of whom is operated on behalf of First Air).
Recent news items on Summit Air:
- First Air merges with Canadian North (2019-07-23)
- Summit Air Avro RJ85 pull (2018-09-23)
- Canadian RJ100s fly to the UK for maintenance (2018-04-15)
- Summit Air to open base at Calgary (2017-04-22)
- Summit Air Avro RJ85 ferried to Cranfield for maintenance (2017-04-03)