Air Spray displayed its newly converted BAe 146 air tanker at the Aerial Firefighting Conference at Sacramento McClellan Airport on 12 March. Air Spray acquired N907AS/Tanker 170 (msn E2156) from StarPerú in 2013. She made her first flight as a tanker in August 2017. She still needs to pass a grid test and obtain the approval of the Interagency Airtanker Board before she can start actively fighting fires. Air Spray is also converting two other 146 into air tankers.
Recent news items on Air Spray:
- Air Spray grid test (2018-09-22)
- Air Spray BAe 146 air tanker flies (2017-08-26)
- Air Spray BAe 146 air tanker rolled out (2017-05-31)
- Air Spray uses Avro RJ85 hulk as trainer (2014-05-17)
- Air Spray acquires second BAe 146 for air tanker conversion (2013-10-09)