Australia’s Cobham Aviation Services has placed Avro RJ100 VH-NJE (msn E3384) into service. She had been delivered in January, but required maintenance before she could enter service. After a flight test from Adelaide on 18 March, she was positioned to Perth later that day. Her first service was on Cobham’s service to Barrow Island on 29 March, as NC1994/1995. Meanwhile, newly arrived BAe 146-300QT VH-NJI (msn E3154) has begun maintenance, while 146-100QC VH-NJV (msn E1002), who had loaned an aileron to VH-NJI to enable her to complete her ferry flight, has recovered her aileron and returned to service on 20 March.
Recent news items on Cobham Aviation Services:
- BAe 146 nose donated to South Australian Aviation Museum (2018-06-18)
- Cobham acquires former ASL BAe 146QT (2018-03-20)
- Cobham Aviation adds former Swiss Avro RJ100 (2018-01-21)
- Cobham contract for Barrow Island flights renewed (2017-09-08)
- Cobham wins new FIFO contract (2017-04-21)