Astra Airlines‘ contract to operate BAe 146-300 SX-DIZ (E3206) on behalf of Sweden’s NextJet has come to and end. SX-DIZ has been flying twice daily from Stockholm Arlanda to Örnsköldsvik and on to Gällivare, in northern Sweden, since 8 January. He last flight for NextJet was 2N 9209 from Gällivare to Stockholm Arlanda on 30 April, after which she ferried to Sofia using the same flight number. She will undergo a C check at Sofia prior to returning to Greece. A Bombardier CRJ 200 leased from Canada’s Voyageur Airlines has taken over the routes previously operated by the 146.
Update: NextJet declared bankruptcy and suspended all flights on 16 May.
Recent news items on Astra Airlines:
- Astra BAe 146 returns home to Greece (2018-05-24)
- Aviro replaces Astra on NextJet services (2018-03-10)
- Astra Airlines BAe 146 flies for NextJet (2018-01-08)
- Aviro Air ends flying for Astra (2017-10-31)
- Aviro Air BAe 146 flies football charters to northern Europe (2017-10-10)
Recent news items on NextJet: