Bolivia’s Transporte Aéreo Militar (TAM) announced on 2 May that it was suspending all services until 11 May to allow for preventive maintenance on its aircraft. TAM’s fleet is believed to include one operational BAe 146-200, FAB-106 (msn E2048). The airline is in the process of converting itself into a civil airline, to be called TAM Empresa Publica, and has acquired two Avro RJ70s for this purpose. One was ferried to Bolivia in August 2017, while the second is still at Southend, having arrived there in January.
Recent news items on TAM:
- TAM suspends operations as it misses latest deadline for civil certification (2018-08-01)
- TAM resumes services (2018-05-10)
- Second Avro RJ70 for TAM ferried to Bolivia (2018-01-19)
- TAM granted more time to achieve civil certification (2017-12-28)
- TAM faces suspension of operations as civil certification lags (2017-12-22)