A second former Swiss Avro RJ100 is being prepared for service with Air Libya. RJ100 HB-IYS (msn E3381) has been stored at Cranfield since December 2016, initially as G-CFAE. In May, she was registered to Mohamed Ahmed Elobeid as M-ABKZ. On 9 June, she was ferried to Prestwick for maintenance, still wearing the ‘Zurich Airport Shopping Paradise’ special colors that she had worn during her last years with Swiss. Air Libya had earlier acquired RJ100 HB-IYR (msn E3382) as 5A-FLE.
Recent news items on Air Libya:
- Ex Swiss Avro RJ100 delivered to Air Libya (2018-12-31)
- Ex Swiss Avro RJ100 ferried to paintshop (2018-12-20)
- Avro RJ100 delivered to Air Libya (2018-07-25)
- Air Libya BAe 146 returns to service after maintenance (2018-02-24)
- Air Libya acquires ex Swiss Avro RJ100 (2017-08-02)