Former Swiss Avro RJ100 M-ABKY (msn E3377, ex HB-IYV/G-CFAB) was delivered to Air Libya as 5A-FLG. She had been stored at Cranfield since November 2016, initially as HB-IYV and then as G-CFAB. She was registered as M-ABKY to Mohamed Ahmed Elobeid on 17 January. After some post-storage maintenance, she was re-registered as 5A-FLG on 21 July. She departed Cranfield for Benghazi the following day, routing via Bari, still sporting the white fuselage and black fin from the Star Alliance livery she had worn with Swiss. She joins former fleetmate 5A-FLE (msn E3382 ex HB-IYR), which Air Libya acquired in 2017. A third former Swiss RJ100, M-ABKZ (msn E3381 ex HB-IYS) is being prepared for service with Air Libya at Prestwick.
Recent news items on Air Libya:
- Ex Swiss Avro RJ100 delivered to Air Libya (2018-12-31)
- Ex Swiss Avro RJ100 ferried to paintshop (2018-12-20)
- Ex-Swiss Avro RJ100 being prepared for Air Libya (2018-06-10)
- Air Libya BAe 146 returns to service after maintenance (2018-02-24)
- Air Libya acquires ex Swiss Avro RJ100 (2017-08-02)