Conair has once again flown Avro RJ85 air tanker C-GFVK/Tanker 165 (msn E2268) to Australia for the southern hemisphere fire season. Tanker 165 departed her base at Abbotsford on 16 August, then undertook the long crossing to Honolulu the following day. After buying Hawaiian shirts as unofficial ‘team shirts’, the crew continued on to the Marshall Islands on 19 August, then on to Honiara the following day, finally arriving in Australia on 21 August. This year, she is under contract to the New South Wales Rural Fire Service and will be based at RAAF Richmond. She has been christened ‘Boomer’.
Recent news items on Conair:
- Conair Avro RJ85AT air tanker returns from Australia (2018-03-15)
- Conair Avro RJ85AT air tanker returns to Australia (2017-12-06)
- Conair Avro RJ85AT ferried to Marseilles (2017-06-29)
- Conair Avro RJ85 air tanker to operate in Australia again (2016-12-06)
- Avro RJ85 Air Tanker enters service with Aero-Flite (2014-08-15)