Air Spray‘s BAe 146-200 air tanker N907AS/Tanker 170 (msn E2156) conducted retardant drop tests at Lancaster Fox Field on 20 and 21 September. She then returned to her base at Chico. The grid test measures the coverage of retardant drops, and are required to obtain the approval of the Interagency Airtanker Board. Air Spray is also converting two other 146 into air tankers.
Recent news items on Air Spray:
- Air Spray BAe 146 air tanker displayed (2018-03-13)
- Air Spray BAe 146 air tanker flies (2017-08-26)
- Air Spray BAe 146 air tanker rolled out (2017-05-31)
- Air Spray uses Avro RJ85 hulk as trainer (2014-05-17)
- Air Spray acquires second BAe 146 for air tanker conversion (2013-10-09)