A Summit Air Avro RJ85 participated in a plane pull for charity at Yellowknife on 15 September. Teams formed by local residents competed to pull her over a distance of 25 feet, against the clock. The local Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) posted the best time, at just under 10 seconds. The event raised more than C$15,000 for the Special Olympics NWT.
Recent news items on Summit Air:
- First Air merges with Canadian North (2019-07-23)
- Canadian RJ100s fly to the UK for maintenance (2018-04-15)
- Summit Air adds second Avro RJ100 (2018-02-25)
- Summit Air to open base at Calgary (2017-04-22)
- Summit Air Avro RJ85 ferried to Cranfield for maintenance (2017-04-03)