WDL Aviation has started a new contract, flying BAe 146-200 D-AZFR (msn E2108) for SAS. She was ferried from Köln to Copenhagen on 2 September, and flew her first SAS service, a roundtrip to Gothenburg as SK 434/433, on the following day. Prior to starting to fly for SAS, she briefly operated for Air France subsidiary Hop!, replacing fleetmate D-AWUE (msn E2050), who experienced technical problems. D-AWUE returned to Hop! service on 1 September. Meanwhile, D-AMGL (msn E2055) continues to fly for EasyJet. The airline’s series 300, D-AWBA (msn E3134), however, is likely to be parted out.
Recent news items on WDL Aviation:
- WDL’s EasyJet and Hop! contracts come to an end (2018-11-05)
- Hop! plans to reduces ACMI leases (2018-10-06)
- WDL ends flying for SAS (2018-09-30)
- WDL to operate BAe 146QT freighters (2018-09-09)
- WDL Aviation to replace BAe 146s with Embraer 190s (2018-08-06)