WDL Aviation has started a new contract, flying BAe 146-200 D-AZFR (msn E2108) for SAS. She was ferried from Köln to Copenhagen on 2 September, and flew her first SAS service, a roundtrip to Gothenburg as SK 434/433, on the following day. Prior to starting to fly for SAS, she briefly operated for Air France subsidiary Hop!, replacing fleetmate D-AWUE (msn E2050), who experienced technical problems. D-AWUE returned to Hop! service on 1 September. Meanwhile, D-AMGL (msn E2055) continues to fly for EasyJet. The airline’s series 300, D-AWBA (msn E3134), however, is likely to be parted out.
Recent news items on WDL Aviation:
- WDL Aviation to replace BAe 146s with Embraer 190s (2018-08-06)
- WDL reduces EasyJet flying but starts Hopping (2018-08-03)
- WDL BAe 146s lose their new logos (2018-06-11)
- ‘New’ WDL BAe 146 enters service (2018-05-01)
- WDL Aviation buys Cello BAe 146 (2018-04-05)