As the 2018 fire season winds down, Neptune Aviation Services BAe 146 air tankers are beginning to come home to Missoula. Tanker 16 (msn E2074) was the first to head home, on 27 September. Then Tanker 12 (msn E2196) returned on 2 October, and Tankers 10 (msn E2138), 15 (msn E2103), and 40 (msn E2049) followed the next day. Tanker 41 (msn E2136) was released from contract on 6 October, as was Tanker 2 (msn E2084), who had replaced Tanker 16 the previous week. All are now undergoing winter maintenance in preparation for the 2019 fire season.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tanker makes first drop of 2019 fire season (2019-03-09)
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)