The UK Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is challenging CityJet‘s plan to operate two Avro RJ85s on behalf of Aer Lingus. In an agreement announced in late August, Aer Lingus will take over CityJet’s existing service between Dublin and London City beginning on 28 October, and CityJet will operate the RJ85s on its behalf on the route. The CMA issued an initial enforcement order (IEO) on 12 October, stating its concern that the agreement could result in the two airlines ceasing to be distinct. The agreement can proceed for now, but the two airlines must report regularly to the CMA.
Recent news items on CityJet:
- CityJet deal with Aer Lingus cleared (2018-12-22)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s go anonymous (2018-12-09)
- CityJet begins operating for Aer Lingus (2018-10-28)
- CityJet operates last own-brand Avro RJ85 service (2018-10-27)
- Jota ends CityJet service (2018-10-06)
Recent news items on Aer Lingus: