Chile’s Aerovías DAP has acquired BAe 146-100 N114M (msn E1068) from lessor Tronosjet. Originally built for China Eastern in 1986, N114M had been operated in a VIP configuration by Moncrief Oil since 1997. She was acquired by Tronos in May 2017 and ferried to Summerside. Her registration was cancelled in October 2017, but then restored the following September. She departed Summerside on 26 October, still wearing her Moncrief Oil colors. After stops in Norfolk, Fort Lauderdale, Panamá City, Guayaquil, Tacna, and Santiago, she reached DAP’s base at Punta Arenas on 29 October. DAP operates several 146s and Avro RJs on scheduled services, including seasonal flights to the Antarctic under the Antarctic Airways brand, and flights in support of the mining industry under the Mineral Airways brand.
Recent news items on Aerovías DAP:
- Aerovías DAP paints Avro RJ100 in penguin colors (2019-12-05)
- Aerovías DAP withdraws Boeing 737s (2019-07-19)
- Aerovías DAP paints second BAe 146 in penguin livery (2018-12-22)
- Second Aerovías DAP Avro RJ100 enters service (2018-11-10)
- Aerovías DAP puts first Avro RJ100 into service (2018-01-02)