Cobham Aviation Services Avro RJ100 VH-NJP (msn E3354) experienced a fire in her number four engine on 6 November, shortly after departing Perth, on flight JTE 1990 to Barrow Island. The crew shut down the engine and returned to Perth, making an uneventful landing at 6:45 local time. Cobham operates regularly between Perth and Barrow Island under contract to Chevron. RJ100 VH-NJQ (msn E3328) picked up VH-NJP’s passengers and flew them to Barrow Island later that day. VH-NJP was quickly repaired and returned to service, operating a roundtrip to Meekathara on 8 November.
Recent news items on Cobham Aviation Services:
- Pionair BAe 146 ends Cobham lease (2019-02-10)
- Neptune installs ADS-B Out on its BAe 146s (2019-01-25)
- Cobham BAe 146QT takes off with tail stand attached (2019-01-24)
- Cobham’s ‘new’ Avro RJ100 enters service (2019-01-03)
- Cobham adds another Avro RJ100 (2018-12-15)