Cobham Aviation Services Avro RJ100 VH-NJP (msn E3354) experienced a fire in her number four engine on 6 November, shortly after departing Perth, on flight JTE 1990 to Barrow Island. The crew shut down the engine and returned to Perth, making an uneventful landing at 6:45 local time. Cobham operates regularly between Perth and Barrow Island under contract to Chevron. RJ100 VH-NJQ (msn E3328) picked up VH-NJP’s passengers and flew them to Barrow Island later that day. VH-NJP was quickly repaired and returned to service, operating a roundtrip to Meekathara on 8 November.
Recent news items on Cobham Aviation Services:
- Pionair BAe 146 flies for Cobham (2018-12-01)
- Cobham FIFO contracts renewed (2018-11-25)
- Multiple Cobham Avro RJs fly to Melbourne (2018-09-30)
- Cobham places ex-ASL BAe 146QT into service (2018-09-29)
- BAe 146 nose donated to South Australian Aviation Museum (2018-06-18)