Cobham Aviation Services has received extensions of two of its fly-in/fly-out (FIFO) mining industry support contracts. Oz Minerals has contracted for Cobham to increase its services between Adelaide and the Carrapateena copper-gold project in South Australia’s far north from the current four flights a week to fourteen, using Avro RJ100s. Cobham also operates five flights a week to the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine on behalf of Oz Minerals. the service. Separately, Cobham has also secured a two-year extension of its contract with Goldfields under which it operates six services a week to the Granny Smith gold mine near Laverton in Western Australia using an RJ85.
Recent news items on Cobham Aviation Services:
- Pionair BAe 146 flies for Cobham (2018-12-01)
- Cobham Avro RJ100 turns back after engine fire (2018-11-11)
- Multiple Cobham Avro RJs fly to Melbourne (2018-09-30)
- Cobham places ex-ASL BAe 146QT into service (2018-09-29)
- BAe 146 nose donated to South Australian Aviation Museum (2018-06-18)