Neptune Aviation Services has dispatched several of its BAe 146 air tankers to California to help fight forest fires raging in the northern part of the state. Tankers 03 (msn E2192), 12 (msn E2196), and 41 (msn E2136) left Missoula for California on 8 November, and others may follow. Neptune’s air tankers had only recently returned home to Missoula, having been released from their contracts. The Camp Fire in Northern California has already burned over 3,000 ha and forced tens of thousands of people to evacuate their homes.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tanker makes first drop of 2019 fire season (2019-03-09)
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)