No less than six of Neptune Aviation Services‘s BAe 146 air tankers are now in California helping to fight raging forest fires. Tankers 03 (msn E2192), 12 (msn E2196), and 41 (msn E2136) had left Missoula for California on 8 November. They have since been joined by Tankers 02 (msn E2084), 15 (msn E2103), and 40 (msn E2049). Currently, three of the 146s are in Northern California helping to fight the Camp Fire, and three are in Southern California helping fight the Woolsey Fire. The Camp Fire is the deadliest and most destructive forest fire in California’s history. It has already burned almost 50,000 ha, destroyed the town of Paradise, and caused at least 42 deaths—a number that is unfortunately expected to climb.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)
- Neptune air tankers return to service (2018-11-10)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers begin to come home (2018-10-08)
- Newest Neptune BAe 146 air tanker enters service (2018-03-10)