The days before and after the Thanksgiving holiday are among the busiest travel days in the US. Several of Neptune Aviation Services‘s BAe 146 air tankers joined the rush, heading home to their home base at Missoula after being released from their contracts on 20 November. Tanker 03 (msn E2192) departed Sacramento for Missoula on that same day, while tankers 12 (msn E2196), 40 (msn E2049), and 41 (msn E2136) followed on 21 November. They had been helping battle the wildfires that have devastated California. Tanker 40 was then ferried to Summerside on 24 November for a C check with Tronos. Tankers 02 (msn E2084) and 15 (msn E2103) remain in service for the time being.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tanker makes first drop of 2019 fire season (2019-03-09)
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers help fight California fires (2018-11-15)