Chile’s Aerovías DAP put a second Avro RJ100 into service in mid October. RJ100 CC-ATI (msn E3339 ex HB-IYY/T7-IYY) is one of three former Swiss RJ100s that DAP acquired through lessor Tronos in 2016-17. RJ100 CC-ARN (msn E3280, ex T7-IXS) entered service in late 2017, but the others encountered paperwork difficulties. A third RJ100, CC-ARO (msn E3283 ex HB-IXP/T7-IXP) remains in storage at the airline’s base in Puntas Arenas. CC-ATI is currently all white, with no markings other than the registration. So far she has primarily operated flights to Puerto Williams, in southern Chile, as well as flights to Balmaceda and Santiago.
[updated 2018-11-16 to correct the entry into service date to mid October; confirmation of precise first service would be welcome]
Recent news items on Aerovías DAP:
- Aerovías DAP paints Avro RJ100 in penguin colors (2019-12-05)
- Aerovías DAP withdraws Boeing 737s (2019-07-19)
- Aerovías DAP paints second BAe 146 in penguin livery (2018-12-22)
- Aerovías DAP adds BAe 146-100 (2018-11-03)
- Aerovías DAP puts first Avro RJ100 into service (2018-01-02)