WDL Aviation‘s two ACMI contracts, with EasyJet and Air France subsidiary Hop!, have come to an end. BAe 146-200 D-AWUE (msn E2050) operated her last Hop! service, from Marseille to Lille as A5 3417 on 29 October, and then returned home to Köln on the following day. Meanwhile, 146-200 D-AMGL (msn E2055) operated her last EasyJet service, from Zürich to Berlin Tegel as U2 5874, on 31 October, and then was ferried home on 1 November. They joined series 200 D-AZFR (msn E2108), who has been parked at Köln since 18 October, following the end of her SAS contract and some short-term assignments for Hop!, Air France, and EasyJet. The airline’s series 300, D-AWBA (msn E3134), has also been parked at Köln, and is expected to be parted out. WDL has also received three former ASL Airlines Spain 146-300QTs, but they have yet to enter service.
Recent news items on WDL Aviation:
- WDL to replace BAe 146s with Embraer 190s in 2019 (2018-12-01)
- WDL begins cargo operations (2018-11-24)
- Hop! plans to reduces ACMI leases (2018-10-06)
- WDL ends flying for SAS (2018-09-30)
- WDL to operate BAe 146QT freighters (2018-09-09)