Conair‘s two Avro RJ85 air tankers operating in Australia, C-GFVK/Tanker 165 Boomer (msn E2268) and C-GVFT/Tanker 166 Hunter (msn E2253), were deployed to Queensland on 27 November to help fight raging wildfires in that state. The two air tankers had been operating in New South Wales, Tanker 165 Boomer since September Tanker 166 Hunter since late October. Coulson’s Boeing 737 air tanker was also deployed to Queensland.
Recent news items on Conair:
- RJ85 air tanker switches states and number (2018-12-09)
- Third Avro RJ85 air tanker arrives in Australia (2018-12-01)
- Second Conair RJ85 air tanker arrives in Australia (2018-10-27)
- Conair Avro RJ85 tanker to operate in Australia again (2018-08-31)
- Conair Avro RJ85AT air tanker returns from Australia (2018-03-15)