The last two BAe 146 air tankers of Neptune Aviation Services arrived home on 28 November, at the completion of another long fire season. Tankers 02 (msn E2084) and 15 (msn E2103) were the last to remain on call, their fleet mates having returned the previous week. Both were were ferried to Neptune’s home base at Missoula on 28 November. They will now undergo maintenance to make them ready for a possible early start to the 2019 fire season, as climate change increases fire risks.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tanker makes first drop of 2019 fire season (2019-03-09)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers help fight California fires (2018-11-15)