CityJet has painted Avro RJ85 EI-RJI (msn E2346) in the full new colors of Aer Lingus. CityJet is operating two RJ85s on Aer Lingus’s behalf, on services between Dublin and London City. Hitherto, they have only worn Aer Lingus titles and logo. EI-RJI was ferried to Roma Fiumicino as EI2404 on 27 February for painting by IAC Ltd. She was rolled out in full Aer Lingus colors on 9 March, and returned to Dublin as EI2405 on the following day. She then entered service for Aer Lingus on 12 March, operating EI280 to London City, but had to divert to Southend due to weather. She is named Moninne/St Modwena, following Aer Lingus’ practice of naming its aircraft after saints, with the name in Gaelic on the port side and in English to starboard.
Recent news items on Aer Lingus:
- Second CityJet Avro RJ85 painted in Aer Lingus colors (2019-03-21)
- CityJet paints Avro RJ85 in partial Aer Lingus colors (2019-02-16)
- CityJet deal with Aer Lingus cleared (2018-12-22)
- CityJet begins operating for Aer Lingus (2018-10-28)
- UK Competition Authority challenges CityJet-Aer Lingus wet lease (2018-10-14)
Recent news items on CityJet: