Neptune Aviation started its 2019 fire season on 7 March. The honor of dropping the first load of the year fell to BAe 146-200 air tanker T-16 (msn E2074), on the Benton fire in the Coronado national forest, along the US-Mexico border. She then spent the night in Silver City, New Mexico. The company’s other 146 air tankers are still in Missoula, but probably not for long.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers help fight California fires (2018-11-15)