SkyJet BAe 146-200 RP-C6358 (msn E2201) conducted a route proving flight to Camiguin, in Northern Mindanao, on 25 March. Known as the “Island Born of Fire”, Camiguin currently has no direct flights to Manila; its only airline service is provided by Cebu Pacific from Cebu. SkyJet had first stated its intention to fly to Camiguin in December 2017. It is now planning to start services in May.
Recent news items on SkyJet:
- SkyJet starts new route to San Vicente (2019-07-17)
- SkyJet inaugurates service to Camiguin (2019-05-06)
- Bureau of Customs orders forfeiture of impounded SkyJet BAe 146 (2018-07-18)
- SkyJet BAe 146 over-runs runway at Busuanga (2018-06-08)
- SkyJet acquires former Tez Jet BAe 146-200 (2018-04-25)