On 6 May, Filipino airline SkyJet inaugurated a new route from Manila to Camiguin, in Northern Mindanao. BAe 146-200 RP-C3855 (msn E2087) operated the first flight. The airline had conducted a route proving flight to the island on 25 March. SkyJet currently has two active 146s: RP-C3855 and RP-C6358 (msn E2201). A third series 200, former Tez Jet EX-27002 (msn E2172) was acquired in April 2018 and is undergoing a heavy check prior to being placed into service. The airline’s sole remaining series 100, RP-C8538 (msn E1015), has been impounded by customs since April 2017.
Recent news items on SkyJet:
- SkyJet starts new route to San Vicente (2019-07-17)
- SkyJet plans new route to Camiguin (2019-03-27)
- Bureau of Customs orders forfeiture of impounded SkyJet BAe 146 (2018-07-18)
- SkyJet BAe 146 over-runs runway at Busuanga (2018-06-08)
- SkyJet acquires former Tez Jet BAe 146-200 (2018-04-25)