Slovenia’s Adria Airways is once again leasing a BAe 146-200 from WDL Aviation. Adria had previously briefly leased D-AZFR (msn E2108) in May. This time the airline is using D-AWUE (msn E2050), who positioned to Ljubljana on 27 August, then began flying on behalf of Adria the following day, operating JP 102/103 and 158/159 to Münich and then JP 306/307 to Zürich. Prior to this contract, D-AWUE flew on behalf of Air France subsidiary Hop! until 13 July, and then flew several charters. Her sistership D-AMGL (msn E2055) is currently operating on behalf of Flybe, while D-AZFR has had a relatively quiet time since the end of her contract with Greece’s Sky Express on 5 August, except for a single roundtrip for Flybe on 12 August (BE 7210/7213 from Düsseldorf to Manchester). 146-300QT Freighter D-AJAM (msn E3150) has also been mostly idle, except for a charter from Bremen to Turku on 20 August.
Recent news items on WDL Aviation:
- WDL starts new Air France contract (2019-12-04)
- Second WDL BAe 146-200 ferried to Australia (2019-11-25)
- Pionair buys BAe 146s from WDL (2019-11-12)
- WDL flies Adria’s last services (2019-09-30)
- WDL BAe 146QTs sold to Pionair (2019-09-29)