WDL Aviation BAe 146-200 D-AZFR (msn E2108) operated her last services on behalf of Greece’s Sky Express on 4 August. She had been leased to cover for a damaged ATR42, and had been flying for Sky Express since 15 July. Her last day in Greece was a busy one for D-AZFR, starting with a roundtrip from Athens to Heraklion (QG210/211), followed by no less than four roundtrips to Santorini (GQ344/345, GQ348/349, GQ352/353, and GQ356/357), with each segment lasting about 30 minutes. D-AZFR was then ferried back to WDL’s base at Köln on 5 August. She was replaced in Sky Express service by a Bombardier Q400 leased from Luftfahrtgesellschaft Walter, which like WDL is owned by German logistics firm Zeitfracht.
Recent news items on WDL Aviation:
- WDL flies Adria’s last services (2019-09-30)
- WDL BAe 146QTs sold to Pionair (2019-09-29)
- WDL ends operations for Adria (2019-09-20)
- WDL ends Flybe flights (2019-09-03)
- Adria Airways again leases a WDL BAe 146 (2019-08-29)
Recent news items on Sky Express: