WDL Aviation ended its operations on behalf of Adria Airways on 19 September. BAe 146-200 D-AWUE (msn E2050) had been flying for the Slovenian airline since 28 August. On 5 September, she played a small role in a bit of drama: warned that Austrian authorities were planning to impound her at Wien over an unpaid compensation claim, Adria cancelled the flight, stranding the passengers (and generating many additional compensation claims!). D-AWUE had returned to Köln for maintenance on 14 September, and had been due to return to Ljubljana two days later, but her return was cancelled amidst Adria’s mounting financial problem. She did finally return to Adria Service on 19 September, but not from Ljubljana: she operated the routes that Adria operates on behalf of Lufthansa from Frankfurt to Pristina and Münich before going home to Köln on that same day.
Recent news items on WDL Aviation:
- Pionair buys BAe 146s from WDL (2019-11-12)
- WDL flies Adria’s last services (2019-09-30)
- WDL BAe 146QTs sold to Pionair (2019-09-29)
- WDL ends Flybe flights (2019-09-03)
- Adria Airways again leases a WDL BAe 146 (2019-08-29)