One of the CityJet Avro RJ85s left idle by the end of the airline’s contracts with Air France and Lufthansa has found new employment flying for Brussels Airlines, complementing the Bombardier CRJ 900s that CityJet usually uses on that contract. EI-RJU (msn E2367) had been parked at Dublin since her last flight for Lufthansa, on 26 October. She positioned to Bruxelles on 22 November, but did not operate her first flight for Brussels Airlines until 26 November, when she flew a roundtrip to Birmingham as SN2047/2048. This was followed by another hiatus until 7 December, when she operated SN2313/2314 to Gothenburg and back, replacing the Airbus A319 usually used on the route. The following day saw her fly to Bologna and Billund.
Recent news items on CityJet:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 operates annual Christmas flight (2019-12-12)
- CityJet contracts with Air France and Lufthansa end (2019-10-31)
- CityJet joint venture with Air Nostrum approved (2019-07-27)
- An Avro RJ85 once again flies for Lufthansa (2019-07-21)
- Third CityJet Avro RJ85 sold to Conair (2019-05-24)