Debonair began operating scheduled services from Zürich to Venezia (three times daily) and Bologna (once daily) on behalf of Swissair and its Italian partner, Air One. The service, which began on 6 December, is operated by BAe 146-200 G-DEBC (msn E2024) painted in Swissair Express colors. Swissair Express is a new effort by Swissair to upgrade its codeshare flights to a more Swissair-like product. In other news, Debonair has agreed with BAe-AMJ to take over the lease of Pauknair‘s remaining BAe 146-100. It has also added a Boeing 737-300, on lease from AB Airlines, to increase capacity on services from Gatwick and Luton to Barcelona Airports.
Recent news items on Debonair:
- Debonair orphans find homes (2000-04-28)
- BRAL adds former Debonair BAe 146 (2000-01-22)
- Former Debonair BAe 146 returns to Australia (1999-12-31)
- Debonair aftermath: Flightline and British Midland pick up the pieces (1999-10-30)
- Debonair grounded (1999-09-30)