Stansted-based buzz announced it would add service to La Rochelle and Poitiers on 25 March, to Murcia on 27 March, and to Gerona on 31 March. In addition, it will resume flights to Jerez de la Frontera on 27 March and to Montpellier on 31 March. These summer destinations replace the ski destinations of Geneva and Chambéry in buzz’s schedule; service to both will be suspended on 14 April until the beginning of the next ski season. To help provide capacity to the new summer sun destinations, summer service to Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, and Paris will be reduced from three flights to two daily flights on weekdays. Separately, buzz will switch its Berlin service to Schönefeld airport from Tegel airport. buzz flies eight BAe 146-200s and two 737-200s.
Recent news items on buzz:
- Ryanair’s Buzz Stansted subsidiary returns to the air (2003-05-05)
- End of the line for buzz (2003-04-02)
- Ryanair takes the axe to buzz (2003-02-27)
- Ryanair buys buzz (2003-02-05)
- buzz to expand operations, but without BAe 146s (2002-10-31)