BAe 146-200 G-JEAX (msn E2136) of Flybe experienced an unexplained, severe, and unexpected movement during normal flight while operating flight BE406 from Birmingham International Airport to Belfast City Airport on 12 December. The flight-deck crew immediately controlled the situation and landed safely at Belfast. The aircraft was carrying 36 passengers and five crew at the time of the incident. Two flight attendants and several passengers suffered minor injuries. An investigation into the incident is underway.
Recent news items on Flybe:
- WDL flies for Flybe (2019-08-02)
- Jota Avro RJ100 enters service (2017-06-07)
- Jota Avro RJ85 flies for Flybe (2017-05-12)
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Flybe (2016-11-09)
- TNT switches BAe 146 maintenance contract to Flybe (2011-03-15)