Exeter-based BAe 146 operator Flybe has decided not to proceed with a plan to lease six former Turkish Airlines Avro RJ100s. The airline had signed a memorandum of understanding with BAE Systems to take the aircraft, and two had already been painted in their colors in anticipation of the leases starting prior to the busy summer season. The RJ100s would have given Flybe additional capacity, as well as improved range from restricted runways such as that at its Southampton hub.
Recent news items on Flybe:
- WDL flies for Flybe (2019-08-02)
- Jota Avro RJ100 enters service (2017-06-07)
- Jota Avro RJ85 flies for Flybe (2017-05-12)
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Flybe (2016-11-09)
- TNT switches BAe 146 maintenance contract to Flybe (2011-03-15)