Brussels Airlines began phasing out its six BAe 146s. Series 200 OO-DJE (msn E2164) was withdrawn from use and parked on 10 August, joining OO-DJJ (msn E2196) and OO-MJE (msn E2192) who are still awaiting their departure to the Democratic Republic of Congo. Meanwhile, OO-DJF (msn E2167) is being used solely as a backup aircraft, leaving only OO-DJG (msn E2180) and OO-DJH (msn E2172) in active duty. They, too, are scheduled to be withdrawn from use a the end of the summer season. The airline will continue to use its fourteen Avro RJ85s and twelve RJ100s, however, having recently extended their leases with BAE Systems Regional Aircraft.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Brussels Airlines (2019-12-10)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines says goodbye to the Avro RJ100 (2017-10-30)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)